When planning an event, one of the key decisions you’ll need to make is choosing the right marquee. There are a number of factors to consider when choosing a marquee, including size, budget and the type of event you’re hosting. Here are our top tips for choosing the perfect marquee for your next event:
- Determine the size of your event. This will be one of the main determining factors in selecting the size of your marquee. Make sure to allow enough space for your guests, as well as any furniture or other items you’ll be using at the event. Other important factors aside from number of guests is extra space for things such as a dance floor and bar space. Conversely, there’s not point in hiring a large sized marquee if you only intend to have a small number of guests.
- Consider your budget. Marquees can range in price, so it’s important to set a budget before you start shopping around. Keep in mind that you may be able to find cheaper options if you’re willing to sacrifice some features, such as windows or flooring. Also, the type of marquee can determine the price. A traditional marquee with support poles can be cheaper than a span marquee that does not require support poles.
- Decide on the type of event you’re hosting. This will help narrow down your search for the perfect marquee. For example, if you’re hosting a formal or corporate events, you’ll want to look for a more traditional option. Conversely, if you’re planning a more casual party, you could go for something fun and unique. Our silk lined marquees are most popular for weddings, adding the perfect touch of elegance to the reception. Another top pick for a wedding marquee is clear with fairy lights strung across to create a magical atmosphere.
- Compare different marquees. Once you’ve considered all of the above factors, it’s time to start comparing different marquees. Depending on your location and weather may also help you better determine which marquee is best suited for your outdoor event. Make sure to read reviews and compare prices before making your final decision.
- Get in touch with Excel Hire! We would be more than happy to help you select the perfect marquee for your event. Hiring a marquee through us is an easy and stress-free process as we take care of everything from delivery to installation as well as disassembly. In fact, we’re much more than just a marquee hire company. Excel Hire is a leading event equipment hire company servicing Queensland with high quality equipment, outstanding customer service to create memorable events. Contact us today to get started.